Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The teachers / classes / homework load

Teachers
Amazing (at least for me). I am in the Screenwriting and Producing program, and my teachers are extraordinary. They all know what they are talking about and always tell stories/go off on tangents that actually add to the lecture. They try to establish connections with the students and joke around, and are very inspiring and helpful.
I have only had 4 teachers, so I can't speak for everyone.

Course Schedule
Not a huge fan. I really like the classes I take, but I am not used to the British system. I only have class monday, tuesday, and wednesday, and technically only have 3 classes. I even asked student registry if I can take an elective or take other classes from the module, and they turned me down.
However, in my case, this free time has given me a chance to participate in extracurriculars, such as the newspaper staff and making outside films with students.

Homework Load
I'm a procrastinator, and will probably pay hard for this. We have no homework other that a couple of big projects that aren't due for a while. However, we are supposed to be working on those progressively. Overall, it is a pretty light load, though if you get a job, you may become pressed for time.

Once again, I take Screenwriting and Producing, so this might not apply to all classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment